It is a disability in which uncontrolled electrical activity happens in the brain. This results in confusion, jerking movements of the arms and legs, fear, anxiety and so on.
Once when I was traveling on a bus. My fellow passenger started shaking continuously. This happened for a couple of minutes and then the person fell down.
The bus drove towards the nearest hospital. Later I came to know that the person suffered from a Seizure Disorder. This disability does not have any cure. But, it can be controlled by medication.
Some signs that a person is suffering from seizure disorder are falling down suddenly, frothing at the mouth, having sudden rapid eye movements, Making unusual noises and many more.
How does a Seizure disorder affect a person to use the internet?
Your website might contain animations or images of bright colors. When a person with a seizure disorder visits your website, there are chances that he might get a seizure attack.
This happens due to any content that flickers, flashes, or blinks. Such kind of content triggers a seizure attack.
You don't have to make too many changes to your website. Just use lighter shades colors and simple animations on your pages. In this way, all kinds of users can make use of your content without any problem.
Types of Seizures:
- Generalized seizures: Affects both sides of the brain.
- Absence seizures: Causes rapid blinking or a few seconds of staring into space.
- Tonic-clonic seizures: Makes a person cry out, lose consciousness, fall to the ground, have muscle jerks or spasms, etc.
- Focal seizures: Occur only in one area of the brain. Also called partial seizures.
- Simple focal seizures: Affects a small part of the brain. These seizures can cause twitching or a change in sensation, such as a strange taste or smell.
- Complex focal seizures: Can make a person confused or dazed. The person will not be able to respond to questions or directions for a few minutes.
- Secondary generalized seizures: Begins in one part of the brain, but then spreads to both sides of the brain.
Make your website a better place for everyone
Accessibility Enabler helps thousands of people to overcome their disability every month. Add an accessibility toolbar to your website and build a better society around yourself. Start making your contribution from today.
Try For Free