JAWS stands for Job Access With Speech. It is a screen reader software. It is used by the visually-impaired to read the web information as they can't see
If a blind person has to read the information on your website, the best option for that person is using a screen reader.
JAWS is one such screen reader software. Through this, the vision impaired can reach out to your content.
This screen reader has two options to bridge the gap between your information and your users. One is text-to-speech and the other is Refreshable Braille Displays.
By using JAWS your users can,
- Read your website information.
- Fill out web forms easily. JAWS also has a feature to help fill out forms on the internet.
- Save your users’ time with Skim Reading and Text Analyzer.
- Browse through the internet using keystrokes.
Jaws can read out the content of your website only if the content is optimized for the screen reader. If not, it can’t read it out. This means your website is not accessible. Which gives rise to a risk of accessibility lawsuit.
Features of JAWS:
- Supports several languages.
- Speech-based installation.
- Supports touch screen and gesture.
- Compatibility with screen magnification software.
Make your website a better place for everyone
Accessibility Enabler helps thousands of people to overcome their disability every month. Add an accessibility toolbar to your website and build a better society around yourself. Start making your contribution from today.
Try For Free